Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Here Is To A (another!!) New Start!!


Hello.  I am again reatching out to the world to say "I am still here!!" - though why I am, is another question.  I do not know what your summer was like, but here in Alberta, our usual blue skies, well, they were mostly grey all summer and still are.  We have had so much rain, the poor farmers fields were like swimming pools.  And my plans of a garden on my deck..... they all died.  

On the creative front, I have not been very producive there either.  But, I really do want to make that change.  If I don't, who will???  And my niece has had a baby!!  She is going to like the quilt I made, and if she doesn't, the baby will!!  Gotta love babies!!  Since she, and I loved this, did not find out the sex of this baby until it was born, I did what you do when you don't know!!  I made a colourful quilt, blues, oranges, purlple... even grey!  And now, since she had a girl, I have thrown in some pink!!  And I want to make the backing for it out of flannel, then quilted and off to keep that little one warm.

This is just a hello post.  I just read a post from another blog that talked about learning how to do things you are not sure off, and she has inspired me to re-learn how to post pictures, so when I m talking of things like this quilt, you can 'see' what I talking about!!!  And I keep reading about quiltinh my projects, yet I still send them to someone else..... I want that to stop.  I also have just read a book on organizing your sewing space.  VERY red faced here....  I am going to re-read it, and do the homework she gives you to do.  I have fabric in containers, now in my living room, because I am working on 'organizing' and these containers have not moved in months..... (they are hiding under a coffee table type thing, but they should not be in this room at all!!!).   

OK.  Off to do my 20 minutes of sewing - and it is about time.  Thanks for listening and we will talk again soon!! 

   Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment