Anyways, yes, I have shopped this week!! One was just therapy for me - I was not in a good mood, and I decided to go and pick up my big machine (the store was open late for leperchauns day) and I went. So, my machine did not die when it made that awful noise and not only scared me, but completly stopped working!!!! It is back in working order, although, I have not tried it myself yet, but it will be back where it belongs tomorrow.
While shopping, I bought fabric for yesterdays class - the Lone Start blk we were being taught. I realized, I sew s-l-o-w-l-y!!! Not backwards, but not as fast as the other women there!! But, I was also the one who took people to where the bathrooms were and ... well, I just am not a speedy sewer!!! But I do have fun!!!
Here is as far as I got on this blk!!
The side triangles are not sewn on yet, and the pieces are not sewn together yet, but this is what 1/4 of the block will look like!! I think it's pretty. And I am using a pink batik background.
Here is what it looks like as you are putting it together - kinda messy!!! And I would have had more pics for you, but the batteries on my camera died!!! I was just thinking the batteries were lasting a long time, set the camera down, and when I picked it up again for the next shot - dead!!! lol!!
And I bought myself a new toy yesterday. Did I need it??? Nope. But, I now own a take-along ironing and cutting surface when I have classes to go to. For the blk we did, you have fusible web that you work with, and you iron a litte bit on each piece so they don't move as you are sewing them together....
Before the ladies left who taught the class, I bought more fusible to do two more blks!! My girlfriend bought enough for a whole quilt!!!
And I got my blue blks sewn together today. Not happy about this, but the other day, my DD and hubby were playing - he was chasing her - and she went into my sewing room........ uh, hit the 'wall' - which is not stable at all, and ALL THE QUILT PIECES landed on the ground........ I am so glad I had sewn some together, in retrospect, I should have sewn them all, but who knew they would wreck my top???????? Even though I had pictures, I had also moved the pieces around, and made it the way I wanted it.... After this happened, I just, well, I tried to put it back the way it was, but I just couldn't seem to get it right. Today, I layed them out and sewed them - it's done.
And it's name is "Mishap". You know 'unfortunate accident'. It does not look the way I wanted it, but it's done. And done is better than another UFO - so all it needs is a border and backing and off to my quilter!!!! And for the first time I have done a guild challange!!!! And the best part, I am following my new 'rule' of finishing what I start!!!
Today, I also worked on my Piece and Goodwill blks!!! I have pieces ready to be made into blks and some need to be worked on some more!!!! but the beauty of it is, I am working on it and loving it!!!
Have a great week coming up. I plan on sewing everyday - getting things done. And enjoying every minute of it!!
OH! Stash Report!!! (almost forgot!!)
I bought 2 5/8 yrd this week. So, that makes my numbers bigger. I have to figure out what the blue blocks used, and then I will have a real report for next week. I am just not having a very good time this weekend. I keep escaping into my crafts just to be alone, and that is not me....... Tomorrow will be better. I will make sure of it!!!