Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday, all day.......

What is this mess!!??!!


Well, I have been working on Double Delight today!! I have all the pieces cut out and am acutally sewing them together!! This is the pile of little blks with one of the 4 triangles sewn on.... this is where I am stopping. At least for now!! Here is what my step 1 of this quilt looks like:


I like them - so I know what I have gotten myself into with the second step and I am on my way!!

Here is my Cam. blk from yesterday .

The colors are very light, and no, this is not fabric I would have choosen, but it's a 'free' blk as long as you follow the rules. You pay for the first blk, but it you do it right for the next 11 months, you can have all the blks for only the cost of #1. They give you the next months blk. The trick to making it a very inexpenisve quilt is when you are at the store - DON'T SHOP!! lol!! So, my blks are defintitly not 'free'!!



Here is all 6 of the ones I have done so far this year...



So, this is what I have been up to today - alot of cutting for Double Delight but I also cut out some of the blk for my new BOM 'Foolish Goose Tracks'. I like the look of the quilt and I figure, what's another BOM to do while I am going the Cam. one?? So, I have Cam; 'Twilight'; my guild BOM from last year and now the goose one!! I think that's it... So, might as well do them all around the same time.

And I am almost finsished this weeks goals list. Okay!! If I keep this up, I am going to get finished some UFO's!! And won't that shock some people I know!!!

"Being Erica" is on tonight, and I am looking forward to that. And I am going to figure out dinner. So, I will keep my blog updated on how well I am doing at keeping myself on track with my projects. ;-)
Spring will come - And open widows and sewing outside, ahhhhh, yes, I am getting ready.....

2 comments:

  1. Your Cam blocks are all looking awesome Brenda! I did a BOM like you've described in 2006...Come to think of it, I still have 2 blocks to finish up for that BOM... hmmmm? The big expense comes at the end of the 12, if you buy the finishing kit! 8-)
    Your DD blocks look quite cheery! I look forward to seeing more! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow~ you are on a roll! Love seeing all your projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete